Has the thought occurred to you that Jesus didn’t have to do what He did?
He could have called down legions of angels to rescue Him when He was taken in the Garden of Gethsemane.
He could have taken Himself down from the cross when He was crucified.
But He went through it all anyway because He loves you and me.
That to me is incredibly humbling.
Why shouldn’t I do what He wants? Why shouldn’t I make sacrifices in my own life to do His will?
After all, He has given the indwelling Holy Spirit to enable and empower those of us who have put our trust in Him.
God is merciful beyond our comprehension. And His grace is truly amazing.
Think on the words of Philippians 2:5-11.
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10. That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.