What do you think of when you see a starry night, such as the field of stars pictured in this site’s header?
It’s a reminder to me how vast our universe is. How little we still know of its wonders. And how great is the One, True God who made it all!
The following verses from God’s word come to mind.
Psalm 8:3-5 says,
3. When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5. For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Psalm 19:1-3 says,
1. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
2. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
3. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Romans 1:20 is part of a larger passage and says,
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:…